Legal Services And Legislative Compliance
Corporate and Legal
- Consider legal and arbitration matters, institution of proceedings etc and recommend to the Executive Committee where necessary.
- New or amended legislation and policies.
- Legislative compliance of existing policies.
- Where necessary recommend amendments to policies to the Executive Committee.
- Service Level Agreements.
- Legal budget implementation and expenditure.
- Consider bylaw reviews submitted by Legal Unit in respect of matters within the committee’s terms of reference and make recommendations thereon to the Executive Committee.
- Consideration of bylaws within the committee’s terms of reference for adoption and publication.
Human Resources Management
- Annual monitoring and review of Performance Management System and recommendations thereon to the Executive Committee.
- Annual Performance Report.
- Consultation with Local Labour Forum.
- Where necessary make recommendations on Labour Relations/Bargaining Council matters to the Executive Committee.
Recruitment and Selection
- Annual review of Human Resource policies and processes in respect of recruitment and selection and where necessary make recommendations to the Executive Committee thereon.
- Legislative compliance.
- Implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Management training in respect of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Monitor job evaluation and grading system.
Training and Development
- Policies and procedures for training and skills development.
- Budget implementation and expenditure.
- Work Skills Plan.
- Annual review of Human Resource policies in respect of Overtime, Telephone/Cellphone usage, Locomotion Allowance, Subsistence and Travel, Leave and Sick
- Leave, etc. and make recommendations thereon to the Executive Committee.
- Implementation of Human Resource Policies.
- Internal disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Human resource expenditure and budget implementation.
Information Communication and Technology
- Annual review of ICT policies for recommendation to the Executive Committee where necessary.
- Consideration of ICT budget for recommendation to the Executive Committee.
- Manage Council website.
- Council’s Information Systems and Technical Support.
- Corporate Information and Communication Technology Assets.
- Document and information keeping systems.
- Access to Information policies and procedures.
- Printing Unit budget and operations.